CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 02, 2006

Church on Sunday

Yesterday Andy and I traveled to Muscatine and to Mt. Pleasant. What a fun day, of meeting people and spending time in awesome churches.
First we went to Muscatine. It was a great church, the people were very friendly and kind to both Andy and I. But the coolest part of all came at the end of the service. Andy and I were in the foyer greeting people and a lady came up to me and said, "God told me to tell you that you are going to have the best Christmas's".

The AMAZING thing about the statement is that i have been worried and sad about Christmas.. I know that some people dread Christmas and think how much money they will have to spend and all of that. But I have been dreading not knowing if I will be able to see my family on Christmas.

In School of Missions, they tell missionaries to not come home for Christmas, because it is to hard to say Good bye again. But Andy and I decided a long, long, long time ago that when we are in Costa Rica and Mexico, we WILL come back for Christmas. I love my family and it makes me sad to not spend holidays with them.....

So, i guess recently it has been on my heart and in my mind. I really treasure the time i get to spend with my family.. I think that we forget, how easy everything could change. Both positive and negatively.

So, anyway, to have that lady say what she had heard from God, was such a blessing to me. God truly cares about all our needs.. And to hear it, was amazing. IT brought tears to my eyes.. I guess that people have said other statements that God is watching out for me and has great plans for me.. But to hear something so personal.. We serve such a loving, caring God.. Who cares about our thoughts and families..

Any way I just thought it was cool.

peace out,
chelsea

1 comments:

Katie

that is very cool. we still need to go downtown and shop my sister from another mister. i love you chelsea jo! and christmas and my birthday and any other day of the year wouldnt be the same without you, and knowing how much you love me! :) love ya!