
This is a picture outside of our Apartment "House" with the land lord. His name is Alvaro. He is a very sweet and nice man. Andy calls him his Costa Rican Grandpa. And he treats us like his grandchildren...

Here is Alvaro's House. It is sort of confusing but the garage they are outside of is like an open area, their is no roof. It is split up into three different apartments. Ours is on the top level on the right, where the tree is. Alvaro and his wife own the two vacant lots next to ours.

This is some Mountain, i don't even know the name of it. But we can see it when we walk to school each day. This picture was taken at the chuch we visited last Sunday. It was a church of 2,000 people... Crazy kindof.

This is a picture of a beautiful Hydrangea plant. Alvaro and his wife took us to a really ritzy hotel last sunday, and they had 2 acreas of just gardens. Lots of beautiful flowers. I took lots of pic's, i just could not put them all on.

Okay, so we have taken down all the curtains in our apartment, except these ugly ones, they are in a little corner, by the dinning area. Any way, we walked into our apartment last night and saw on the wall. YES a GECKO.. Like the Gieco Gecko. In Costa Rica, these little reptiles are everywhere, but they say you should leave them because they eat insects. But truly that would be the last option in my book. Andy trapped it in a tupper-ware box and then let it free.... Now, my family members might be thinking, Chelsea did you not at one time own a newt, with the name of Mr. Bojangles. Yes, i did, and this is pretty similar. But i am older and wiser and it Grossed me out...... i talked to my nephew Jaden, and told him that i would bring one home for him. If i found another. Just Kiding. But he did find some tupper ware, just in case i do.....
Anyway, those are the happenings of the last week. We have made alot of new friends. And been having a good time learning Spanish.. It still is a little hard, because i do miss seeing our family alot. The Skype, is so wonderful. But i really have found peace in the scripture
2 Timothy 1:12.. " I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day." I have been trusting God with my Family and with my heart. And it makes me feel lots better.... It would be a lie to say that i have not missed home, but it seems like God makes that feeling go away pretty quick, when i remember that he is watching over them and loves me...Plus i will get to see them at CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!
1 comments:
Thanks for sharing the pictures. It is nice to see what is around you and not just inside your apartment, thought that is nice too. I miss you both and have so much I want to tell you about and wish I could just go across town like before and hang out, but I know God's plan is in motion. Love you both...
Post a Comment