Andy and I have been quite busy with school, and really not anything that new has happened..
The first pictures are of school. The first one is of Andy and I with our Phonetics Teacher. Her name is Lizbeth, NOT Elizabeth..
I would like to say that I have now succesfully memorized Psalm 121 in SPANISH... Which is sort of hard in ENGLISH..
The next picture is of our class mate Ken Harrell. He is from South Carolina, he is a real nice guy.
The pictures of the houses, are ones that are located outside one of the class rooms in the school.. It is so differently constructed here. They use every inch of space to put houses and it is odd, because their will be a mansion right next too a small little house.
The last picture is of my two girl friends: Charla Lee is on my right and Kelly Darabaris is on my left.. I am so thankful for friends here.. Thank the lord.
To update you on how Spanish is going. It is going pretty good. Andy is doing Awesome. He picks up very quickly. We both feel like we are able to understand about 80% of that which is said. Which is okay. Sometimes, i feel like the teachers take it a little easy with us.
It has been good to come back to Costa Rica. i feel alot less homesick, and i must say our families have been informing us on how the weather is in Iowa. AND i am not missing that!!
It is around 80 degrees every day, with no rain. PERFECT!
We are enjoying school and are very thankful that we are here, we have made life long friendships and that has been a blessing in so many ways.. Right now i look back on the time here and see how i have grown mentally and spiritually. God has been here the whole way.
Before i go, i thought it would be fun to do a Spanish lesson with each blog, to get you readers out there a little more bilingual!
So the word for the day is: FINGERNAILS: Unas de los dedos.. That literally means nails of fingers...
Well that is all for now. To my family reading, I love you and miss you alot.
Adios,,,,
Love Chelsea
0 comments:
Post a Comment