CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Creature Comforts

Ok, this might be a pointless blog to some of you reading but, these are some things that i wanted to let you know I don't take for granted... These are creature comforts, this is only a few but the list could go on and on... These are things that I don't need.....but I do enjoy and I thank God that they are in Costa Rica.
This first picture is of Coffee Mate, Amaretto flavor. Here in Costa Rica, every one of course drinks COFFEE. I am a fan of coffemate with a little Coffee. So boy, was i happy when i saw Coffee Mate at the store.. It makes Coffee GREAT.
This is a photo of AXION. Axion means Action in Spanish. This is a type of cleaner for your dishes.. Here is the cool thing. This works AWESOME! It is a grease stripper, and i am telling you, nothing compares. I have used all sorts of dish soaps and this is by far the best. So my advice is head on over to LA Tapatia, in downtown Des Moines, and see if they sell this stuff. It is cheap and works wonders... THis is not really a creature comfort, but i wanted to let you all know...


This is a picture of Toilet Paper, for the last 5 weeks we have used a weird generic brand of T.P. from our local supermarket "Auto Mercado". But on Saturday we visited the store "PRICE SMART" it is quite similar to Sam's Club. At Pricesmart i noticed they had CHARMIN T.P.. and i said HALLELUIAH. Because yes generic T.P. does work, but i really do enjoy CHARMIN... As you can see in the picture their quite a difference between the rolls..

Next on my list is Dairy Products. I love Anderson & Erickson Dairy from Des Moines, Iowa. I pretty much love dairy, so coming here i was a little worried that the dairy would not come close. But i was wrong. Here in Costa Rica they have a large Dairy Company called Dos Pinos. Which means 2 pine trees. They are awesome. There milk tastes great, plus they have great cheese and many more dairy products. This is a carton of ROMPOPE. It is Egg Nog. And it is good to the last drop.

This is a picture of Shampoo that i brought from home. Here in Costa Rica they do have sutible Shampoo and Conditioner. I am just glad that i brought my fav. from home.. I am thankful for good Shampoo and Conditioner but, also for a shower. Behind the bottle is our Shower. They are HOT also. One luxury that we have in the U.S.A. that i took greatly for granted. Our land lord bought a hot water heater. Some of my other friends do not know this luxury....

So here are a few Creature comforts that i thought of . Nothing new has been happening. We have been studying and going to school every day... Andy is heading out on a Men's Retreat with all the boys from School on Thursday and Friday.. He will be camping out in the wilderness of Costa Rica. So be prayin that he does not get eatin alive by the mosquitoes or snakes. We all know how much he enjoys Snakes...

Happy Reading..

1 comments:

Katie

That was not useless, but a lovely stress reliever, thank you! Especially the part about Andy getting eaten by snakes! :) I love you and miss you more each day! When you get here we are going to watch Pride & Prejudice together. It's a total Chelsea movie with my mom's hot cocoa!