Today i feel blessed.
Here are some pictures of our landlords. Sara and Alvaro Chavez.
Andy and I went out for lunch with Sara and Alvaro. Alvaro and I have Birthday's near each other and we thought it would be fun to celebrate together.
Anyway i say all this to say, i have sometimes felt jealous of others. I wish that i could have a home of my own. A place to paint it and have it be exactly how i wish.
Andy and I have lived in apartments for 2.5 years. And i have been feeling sad about not having my own home yet.
But today as we went out with them i felt, happy that God had lead us to them. I feel blessed to know them. Alvaro will be turning 84 this year, and he continually shows me that it is better in life to be kind and giving.
The picture of the tree is one that Alvaro planted in the town square. I think that is one of the coolest things you could leave.
And then i thought, what are the things i want to leave for others to remember. I want to be a kind soul, always willing to give, and love. Trust me i work on this daily.
But to wrap this up, I feel like maybe this is a lesson I needed to learn. That sometimes you are meant to go with out things so that you can learn something more valuable. Alvaro and Sara have added a lot to my life already.
And i think that i have realized something about homes. A home should be a place of sanctuary. A place you can relax and be yourself. I feel like i have lots of homes, some with my family in iowa. And here in San jose. I should not be sad, i have been blessed so much. And i have made a sanctuary here..
So this would be lesson that i have learned, just thought i would share.
p.s. i am blowing the candles out of my cake, in the one picture, that is why i look so corny....
1 comments:
Hey Chelsea! Just wanted to say HI and MISS YOU and LOVE YOU LOTS. Thanks for sharing your life with your blog. The pictures are beautiful of Cost Rica!
Hugs and Kisses, Holly
Post a Comment