CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mexican Baby Food 101



Foods Number One: Chayotes, Ejotes, Calabacitas














Foods Number 2: Manzana con Avena & Peras














Food Number Three: Arroz con Leche















Foods Number Four: Verduras con Pavo & Arroz













Foods Number Five: Zanahorias




Well this blog has been coming down the pipe for awhile now. Which just means, been sitting in my brain and now that I have some "FREE" time, a.k.a. Henry is asleep, I thought I would give you some good ole Mexican Baby Food translations.


These are some of the baby foods, my baby loves.... with the exception of one. Lets see how well you listened in Spanish Class.


Foods Number One: Chayotes, Calabacitas, Ejotes: These are Squash, More Squash type stuff, Greenbeans.. I thought we should start with these because these are Henry's all time fav's. He LOVES Veggies... You can pretty much feed him these at every meal and he will love it.


Foods Number Two: Manzana con Avena & Peras.... This is Apples with Oats, and Pears.. Henry is fan of both baby food, he has to be in the right mood though...


Food Number Three: Arroz con Leche.... Otherwise known as Rice with Milk... A very Mexican Dessert. Well guess what? Henry is NOT a fan of this baby food, which is weird to me that it is even offered? My peditrician told me that I could start giving Henry beans and rice any time I wanted.. I thought beans...umm. Big NO.. But, they are soft and easy to gum, I still have not offered, I think it is the American Iowan in me, saying not yet.....


Foods Number Four: Verduras con Pavo y Arroz: Translation: Vegetables with Turkey and Rice. I think this is like Turkey and Mashed Potatoes the Mexican Equivilant, Henry is a fan most days.


Lastly Foods Number Five: Zanahorias.... Carrots.. Pretty much a standard in the baby diet around the world. Henry is a fan, and Heck So Am I.... I am thinking the next time I need to whip together a Carrot Cake, use the baby food....


Untill Later.... Adios

0 comments: