CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sydney Jean Reed


Well, I finally am getting around to writing my Birth Story for Sydney Jean Reed while it is fresh in my head.

Here are her stats:
Birth Date; May 30th 2011
Birth weight: 8 pounds 8 ounces
Length: 21 inches
Birth Time: 11:05 pm
And pretty Dang Cute

Here is her story: It started on Saturday aka: her due date... We went over to my sister and brother in-laws for a little BBQ. It was really good, but that night I threw up and had some diarrhea around 2 Am. This I am writing because I think it was my body getting ready for Sydney to arrive. No one else got sick, the food was great. It was just Mother Nature getting the ball rolling.
Sunday the 29th, nothing happened except me trying to walk it on up. I walked and walked to get things moving.
Monday the 30th, I got up and went to the bathroom around 4 Am, and I knew that it was going to be the day. My stomach was really tight and I just knew.
Monday around 7 Am, I started really feeling contractions. My water had not broke but things were in Motion.
So, after showering and getting Henry's schedule all planned, Andy and I headed to the hospital around 10 Am. Along the way stopped at Jimmy Johns and I shoved a Club Lulu Sub down my throat, because I knew I would not be able to eat anything once I got there. This is also known as a BIG MISTAKE! DO NOT EAT JIMMY JOHNS BEFORE GOING INTO LABOR!
As I was eating my sub, and driving to the Hospital we got pulled over by a cop. Yes, having a baby on Memorial Day means there are lots of cops on the road. This cop then figured out I was in labor and "escorted" us to the hospital.
After we got there, I walked around, laid around and sat for quite awhile. I was checked and checked again. I started out at 3 cm and got to 10 cm around 10pm. I also had lots of contractions and nausea and vomiting up JIMMY JOHNS... Once again, do not eat a sub sandwich before Labor. Also, we had lots of laughing and hanging with Family.
Really the experience was AMAZING.
I really can't say enough about the experience, Henry's was good, but it was away.
1. All of my family was there!
2. I was able to speak English.
3. It was round #2, which some how made me more relaxed with all things baby.
4. I gave birth by VBAC. Which stands for Vaginal Birth After Cesarean.
5. I was able to fill out all legal documents for Sydney at the hospital..
6. She was perfect.

Anyway, back to the story. I got an epidural, and was placed on pitocin but this went slow because I was trying for a VBAC.
I labored and labored for hours without feeling pain after the Epidural and had no real changes. Then was given the ultimatum that if I did not change I would have to have a C-section. Well, we prayed and I started changing. And things went fast. I became complete at around 10:30pm. Then with Andy, my Mom and Sister by my side, I pushed for 15 minutes and Voila Sydney arrived. Her cheeks were rosy, and her dad stated that she pushed out her hand first.:)
The pushing was hard, and all I remember thinking was: This is what Football practice must be like. ????? Why I thought this??? Who knows?????
Anyway, she is perfect. Perfectly kissable, and perfectly sweet. Sydney has a sweet spirit. She is a little over 2 weeks now, and really does not cry much. She likes eating every 3-4 hours. She is good sleeper, and gets a little cranky around 9 pm. She also loves sleeping on her Daddy.
Here are some pictures, I will post more of the thousand we have ready for some more posts.
Thats all for now, Chelsea

0 comments: