CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 27, 2012

Missions Monday

Well, today I am posting on some of our good friends who are Missionaries. Today is a perfect day for them to represent Missions Monday because they are leaving TODAY for a 36 hour trip to Indonesia. Yes, you read correctly 36 hours in the plane with 3 kids. I can't even imagine. So, say a prayer for them.
This is Tim and Doris Eckert. Their kids are T.J., Ariyanna, and Gracie. They have been good friends of ours for the last 6 years. They are missionaries from Iowa like us, and this is their second time going to Indonesia.
Let me tell you a little about their family: They totally want to follow God's call on their lives. It is no piece of pie to live in Indonesia. They go without many of the luxuries of life that many of us take for granted. Doris truly makes me want to be a better Momma, and better woman of God. I admire her a lot, she has been such an encourager in my life.
They are moving to a remote part of Indonesia, pretty much away from the civilized parts to an area where the Boogie people or tribes are. IT is where we get the saying of the Boogie Man. They are ministering to these people by teaching and pastoring at a school and churches. They will be planting churches in this area.

Doris told me that she doesn't even know if they will have an oven because it is so hard to get it there.... I mean i had no comment when she told me that, i think i said you are SUper woman, and that I already told God I would definitely be needing an oven no matter where I am. ;)

Here is one last fact about Doris. This is what she wrote about herself on facebook: I have dedicated my whole life to serving the God I love and the people He loves. Tim and I are currently serving the people of Indonesia and praying that those whose lives we touch will know the love of their creator in a new and amazing way! I am daily overwhelmed by God's goodness, His grace, and just by who He is.


Please pray for the Eckerts. Pray for God's safety on their lives, and that their kids would adjust well to life in remote Indonesia. Pray that God would open up the hearts of the people in Indonesia and they would see lives changed.

That is all for this monday of Missions Monday.

0 comments: