Weekly, I do a Bible Study with the 1st year girls. We have been doing it on women from the Bible, and what we can learn from their lives.
I thought in the car, that maybe I would start posting these bible studies on line for all to read.
This week was ELIZABETH.
Strengths: Trusted God, She was Content with her life.
Her life is found in Luke chapter 1 and 2
Key verse: Luke 1;6 Zacheriah and Elizabeth were righteous in God's eyes careful to obey all of the Lord's commandments and regulations.
It is cool to think of Elizabeth today, because she is very much still relevant.
How many of us can say that we are content with our lives they way they are.
I know that I struggle with this on many occasions, I tend to look at others and think they have it all. When really I HAVE IT ALL. God has blessed me and i have so much that I should be content..
Elizabeth was content with her life, even though through her story you see she was wanting a child and for many years had no children. I believe she was like it is okay. God is still good. i will continue to follow his commands. And then in her old age God blessed her with a child, John the Baptist. She believed that GOD would do it, even when probably everyone around her doubted..I think she is a perfect example of being happy with her life just the way it was. Didn't need anymore or any less.
The opposite of contentment is discontentment, and I sort of think Jealousy too.
Think in your life are you Discontent or not happy with how it is.
Do you constantly think that it would be better if this happened or that or if I had this or that?
Maybe the lesson we can learn from Elizabeth is too not be discontent, and just be happy with the gifts and blessings you have been given now.
Take a minute and ponder your blessings. God has blessed many in so many ways and yet I still have times of discontentment, I get jealous and just lose sight of the fact that I should be happy and enjoy right now and what I have right now.
Anyway, this was this weeks Bible Study on Elizabeth. One lady we can learn from.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment