I am sorry but I was out yesterday. I had good intentions but, my intentions were taken over by my kids! I was exhausted by 8:30pm.
So, today I thought I would blog on this topic....PARENTING!
About 3 months ago, Andy and I watched the show Addicted.
I don't know if you have seen this show, but it is about a person who is addicted to something and their family tries to intervene to save them. The addictions are all different but mostly the show shows people addicted to drugs and alcohol. It also does a small bio on the person, to try to explain why they are addicted in the first place.
Anyway, we watched an episode where the man was addicted to drugs. During the Biography section it said that when the man was a little boy, both his parents worked 60+hours a week. And that he was constantly at a babysitters house.
This part struck me!
I could not imagine being away from my children for 60+hours a week.
Its like you have one chance to parent small children. They are small for so little of a time. I am ever so thankful that I am able to stay home with them. But, this is also where I struggle. Because I really want to be a part of the Adult world. I am slowly finding my balance of what makes me feel like I have an outlet.
It is overwhelming some days to parent small children. The days when they don't nap and the days when they are fussy and don't want to do what you want. Or when tantrums are thrown.
But, I am growing more and more to LOVE this precious time that I have. The cuddles and the loving on me.The velcro child to my body. I am their Momma, and it truly is what I was meant to do.
Thank you Lord, that I get to be with my children everyday. That so many others are not able. I am truly blessed.
0 comments:
Post a Comment